Pals For Life Website
939 Radnor Road, Wayne, PA 19087
Contact: Kristen Abbott, Program Manager 610 687-1101, Kristen@palsforlife.org
Pals for Life brings the companionship of animals to those who need it. Pet visitation programs are provided at nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and mental health facilities. Literacy programs involve bringing pets to schools and libraries for reluctant readers to read to them and improve their skills and self-esteem. Stress reduction programs involve bringing pets to colleges during final exams to help the students.
There are many ways for mitzvah project students and high school students to volunteer:
- Use your creative and artistic talents to make and sell dog scarves and cat toys; proceeds will help our pet programs
- Collect used ink cartridges
- Acquire donations through a personal fundraising project such as a dog wash, bake sale, dog walking, etc.
- Collect supplies for our resident therapy rabbit and cats
- Participate in pet visitation programs
Pals For Life volunteers start at age 12. We welcome community projects that gather donations of cat food & rabbit food for our resident pets, dog treats, paper towels and other items that we need.