1349 Lindsay Lane Meadowbrook, PA 19046
Contact: Jen Burke, Founder/President, (267)287-8244, email@example.com
Sara’s Smiles Foundation was created extend a loving hand to hospital-bound children who are battling cancer. Our mission is to help create a positive atmosphere and upbeat experiences. We want to make happy memories for all children who are struggling with cancer by providing a variety of resources to entertain, comfort, and educate. Our website, www.saras-smiles.org, helps both the family in the hospital as well as the family at home with a variety of resources. We also distribute “Inspiration Kits” to hospital-bound pediatric oncology patients. Each kit is filled with items that help families stay organized, connect with others, and explore creative ways to encourage smiles.
Mitzvah project and teen volunteer opportunities include:
1) Organize a drive for arts and crafts supplies, toys, and games
2) Hold a fundraiser such as a walk, bake sale, car wash, yard sale, dance party, etc. Be creative and have fun with it!
3) Join our team, Team Sara’s Smiles at the fall annual Philadelphia Parkway Run. For more information check out www.parkwayrun.com.
4) Volunteer at our annual plant sale, held the week before Mother’s Day.
5) Sell Sara’s Smiles bracelets, t-shirts, pins, and/or magnets to raise money and create awareness. (We’ll supply the materials you need for this.)