Inter-Faith Housing Alliance of Ambler www.i-fha.org
31 South Spring Garden Street, Ambler, PA 19002
Contact: Danielle Bossert, Program Director 215-628-2334 email@example.com
Inter-Faith Housing Alliance of Ambler’s mission is to provide charitable services to persons located in Montgomery County whose life situations have become unstable. These charitable services shall include homelessness prevention, temporary shelter, guidance in life skills, and assistance in locating appropriate housing opportunities, thus enabling families at risk to remain in or return to independent living.
Volunteer or mitzvah project opportunity:
- Food Drive – For a community service project, you can organize a food collection which makes a huge impact on our families! Inter-Faith’s on-site food pantry and food cupboard in Abington are frequently in need of non-perishable items such as juice, cereal, peanut butter, jelly, pasta sauce and canned fruit.
- Household products drive – Donations of dish and laundry detergent, sponges, toiletries, paper towels and toilet tissue, twin size sheets, blankets and towels are always needed and very much appreciated.
- Provide a meal – Inter-Faith facilitates monthly educational programs on the 3rd Wednesday of each month for Hope Gardens families which include dinner before the program. We seek meals for 30 people that are kid-friendly, able to be warmed in a crock-pot or served out of the refrigerator. Meals may be dropped off the day prior or the day of the program. Here are some ideas: Taco bar, macaroni & cheese, salad, soups and chilis, sandwiches, hoagies, pasta salad, chicken fingers
- Provide a frozen meal – Inter-Faith’s on-site food pantry includes a large freezer and refrigerator to which families have access all the time. Home-cooked, healthy meals are kept frozen and then used by our families as needed Easily frozen meals could include lasagna, pasta dishes, casseroles, soups or stews.
- Volunteer on campus – The Inter-Faith campus in Ambler houses eight transitional housing apartments, a Day center for shelter families, children’s room, food pantry, conference room, playground, gardens and staff offices. Volunteers are always needed to assist us on our campus with sorting food and household donations, tracking the inventory of donations, garden, parking lot and playground clean-up.