Spring has sprung after a bitter cold winter & it’s an exciting time to get outdoors and have some good fun! Good community service fun, that is.
Check out your favorite national organization’s websites for walk-a-thons, races, bike-a-thons, golf outings and more. Below are just a few non-profits that eagerly seek volunteers for their annual fundraisers:
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation prepares for their National Lemonade Days raising funds for childhood cancer.
- The American Cancer Society organizes Relay for Life, which dedicates their funds towards eradicating cancer.
- Crohn’s & Colitis Takes Steps with their community walk in all 50 states.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation hosts their nationwide Great Strides walk-a-thon to fund the research to cure this chronic, genetic illness.
- Golf outings are another popular fundraising event where volunteers are needed. Check out the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund which advocates for families with children facing severe challenges in life.
- The MS Society hosts a Muckfest which includes a 5K mud and fun run.
These are just a few of the fundraisers held throughout the country this spring. Find the one that makes you blossom.
Here’s another idea for the nature lovers: Investigate your local community parks and see if they need a helping hand with restoring some of the damaged foliage from our destructive winter.
For more ideas about Spring mitzvah project activities, search themitzvahbowl.com!