On November 11, 2015, Veteran’s Day is celebrated throughout the U.S. We honor those who have defend or have defended our country over the years and soldiers throughout the world keeping peace in hostile areas. If you’d like to support an organization helping soldiers locally and worldwide, here are some ideas:
- Operation Gratitude annually sends 100,000+ care packages filled with snacks, entertainment, hygiene and hand-made items, plus personal letters of support, to Veterans, New Recruits, First Responders, Wounded Warriors, Care Givers and to individually named U.S. Service Members deployed overseas.
- Koshertroops was founded to help improve the morale and welfare of members of the armed forces of the United States of America by showing our appreciation for their commitment.
We accomplish our mission by sending holiday care packages that include items that will help them celebrate the Jewish holidays and Shabbat so that they feel connected to the Jewish community while away.
- Yashar LaChayal is dedicated to assisting soldiers in the Israel Defense forces by providing goods and services when they are necessary, quickly and efficiently. Ongoing campaigns assist the families of needy IDF soldiers and provide Lone Soldiers in the IDF with assistance and support.
- Cell Phones for Soldiers is dedicated to providing free means of communication to the men and women serving in the United States military. Donated cell phones are sold to recycling partner, ReCellular. The money received from recycling cell phones is used to purchase calling cards and other communication tools for the U.S. military.
- A Package From Home Packages are sent to Israeli soldiers to strengthen their spirits, show our appreciation and support, and provide items they need. We send tens of thousands of packages to Combat Chayalim Bodedim (soldiers without family in Israel) and severely wounded soldiers who are receiving long term hospital care.
- Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey is registered with the state of NJ consisting of all volunteers who shows support for our United States Military Forces serving in Iraq and Afghanistan/Operation Enduring Freedom through:
1) Organizing and collecting donated U.S. Troop supplies and goodies to send to our brave Heroes deployed in harm’s way in Iraq, Afghanistan and supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
2) Helping to promote, coordinate, and facilitate welcoming home events for local veterans in the South Jersey area by partnering with the Warriors Watch Riders and other Patriotic organizations to bring our local Heroes home in “Rock Star Fashion”.