3401 Newark St. NW, Washington, DC 20015
Contact: (646) 924-6322 Jennifer Flynn, Social Media Director and Youth Coordinator Jenn@kidsvcancer.org
KIDS V CANCER promotes pediatric cancer research by identifying structural impediments at key junctures in the research process – new drugs, tissue donation and access to funding – and developing strategies to address them.
Kids v Cancer was started in memory of Jacob Froman, who lived on the Upper West Side in New York City and died of a rare pediatric brain cancer when he was 10. The drugs Jacob received were all 40 years old. Jacob loved basketball, West Side Little League, West Side Soccer League, electric guitar and singing in a band. Jacob attended Collegiate and Rodeph Sholom Hebrew School. For more information please see: www.caringbridge/visit/jacobfroman and www.facebook.com/kidsvcancer.
Bar/Bat Mitzvah Community Service Program
Are you looking for a bar / bat mitzvah project that could directly help people your age? Come join us at Kids v Cancer. Come create tikkun olam and make a better world for kids and young adults with cancer. You can make a difference.
What can you do?
- Make your own personalized Kids v Cancer webpage to spread awareness and ask for support for kids with cancer
- Come join us in visiting kids with cancer at their hospital clinic and host an arts day or play videos
- Come join us in asking your Member of Congress to support pediatric cancer research. We will prep you for this important meeting.
- Host a bake sale at school or on the street to raise funds and awareness
- Have other ideas? Great. Just call us!
Want to join us? Please contact:
Jennifer Flynn, Social Media Director and Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org