5225 New Utrecht Ave
Brooklyn, New York 11219
Help save the lives of cancer patients around the globe. Often a bone marrow transplant is the patient’s last chance to survive. Genetic matching between donor and patient is a must for success. Since genetics is based on ethnics, a Jew will match another Jew. Thus the need for a Jewish registry.
Ezer Mizion is the largest Jewish bone marrow registry in the world and has saved over 2000 lives, 296 in 2015 alone. Too many are still waiting in hope and prayer for the match that will mean life. Enlarging the registry is the responsibility of every caring Jew. Join with us so that tiny toddlers will have a chance to grow up and raise their own families…generations…eternity. Watch this video about our Bone Marrow Donor Registry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A77g96zfO2c&noredirect=1
Ezer Mizion’s diverse line-up of services also includes specialized programs for children with special needs, cancer patients, the elderly, and the mentally ill.
For your mitzvah project you may:
1. Include an insert with a bar/bat mitzvah invitation asking guests to donate in your honor in lieu of a gift.
2. Create awareness by sending a link from the Ezer Mizion website plus a link to this heartwarming story- https://www.ezermizion.org/blog/his-fathers-hug/- to your contact list.
3. Have your Chanukah party guests do a page of Find Waldo, then explain how difficult it is to find a genetic match. Quickly. Before it’s too late.
4. Ezer Mizion’s Oranit is a fun place to be. Kids with cancer look forward to spending time there, a mini-vacation from scary needles and scary thoughts. Oranit provides activities that help the child deal with the nightmare that has taken over his life. We call it therapy. The kids call it fun. It may be taking part in a musical band, sand play or caring for a small animal at the Petting Zoo. Birthday parties, trips, summer camp for the whole family and Make-A-Wish round out the program. At your next birthday party or Bar/Bat Mitzvah, invite your friends to help reach your goal in lieu of a gift. $100 will pay for a birthday party for one child. Click on link below to see a special wish of singing on a real radio program together with his friends at Ezer Mizion come true for one little boy. https://youtu.be/SadNjo8x2rs
Click here to watch families at the summer camp.https://youtu.be/gnVAH_lm-xw
5. Some children are born without the ability to speak. Imagine not being able to say, “ Can I have another piece of cake?” or “ I love you, Mommy.” Play charades, charging each player to participate, and have lots of fun trying to express a thought without speech. For you, it’s fun because you know that in a few minutes you will be able to speak. Now try to imagine a child who cannot. The funds will go to purchase special equipment which will enable them to communicate their needs and thoughts.
6. Inside a special child are feelings just like you and me. They feel hurt and frustrated when a younger sister can do something in the house so much better than they. Ezer Mizion’s Afternoon clubs for Special Girls are places where they can shine on their own level and become better able to take part in normal family activities like making a bed or washing the breakfast dishes. Watch the girls create lovely jewelry that is sold to the public and share in their pride. Initiate a Sunday Jewelry-making Get-together with funds directed to support the Clubs. https://koshertube.com/videos/index.php?option=com_seyret&task=videodirectlink&Itemid=4&id=6929
Watch special children enjoying a camp experience that helps them feel accepted and loved. https://youtu.be/6nHNJHklxLQ