244 Madison Avenue, Suite 482
New York, New York 10016
Contact: Shira Leeds, (917) 626-1869, email@example.com
Our Mission: For children living with serious illnesses life offers many unfair tradeoffs: instead of playing outside, they go to the doctor; instead of sleepovers they are in a hospital for treatments and recovery; and instead of hanging out with friends, they are taking medicine that makes them sick. But every child deserves to experience the awesomeness of childhood—Jordan River Village provides that to sick kids in Israel!
The Village is a free, fun, and medically-safe camp in Israel for all children living with serious illnesses, regardless of background, religion, ethnicity, socio-economic level, or physical limitations.
For your mitzvah project, several options are available to help Jordan River Village:
• The Village welcomes 1200 volunteers each year, and while at the Village each person wears a name tag that hangs on a lanyard. The Village is in need of the lanyards to hold the name tags. Using macrame yarn or para-cord, you can make lanyards for name tags for our volunteers
• Each year, Jordan River Village welcomes over 1700 campers. Create a special gift for our campers for them to take home to remember their time at the Village by making clay pendants for our campers (necklaces will be made by campers at the Village)
• Write letters to campers to let them know that you are here supporting them.
• Our 1200 volunteers come to the Village without asking for gratitude, but gratitude is always something that warms their hearts. Compose thank you notes to our volunteers
• Make a video with instructions on how to do your favorite art project
• Creating your own online giving page for crowd fundraising
• Holding a fundraising event in your community – such as a Gaga Tournament, a bake sale, or a performance