PO Box 712
Norwich, Vermont 05055
Contact: Pamela Miles, Events Coordinator email@example.com (802) 649-2900
Mission: Grassroot Soccer is an adolescent health organization that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize at-risk youth in developing countries to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. Every $25 raised gives one at-risk youth access to Grassroot Soccer’s award-winning adolescent health programming and our Caring Coaches who change lives every day!
Bar/Bat Mitzvah Project Opportunity:
For your mitzvah project, you have a number of options and we can support you with all of them!
1. Organize a 3v3 PickUp soccer event at your school or in your community – this should be a low-key, fun, event, open to soccer players and non-soccer players (we have lots of ideas on this and lots of support – banners, t-shirts, stickers!);
2. Talk to your soccer club or school team to dedicate a game as a “Charity Game” to raise funds for Grassroot Soccer (again, we can guide you on this!);
3. Run an endurance event (such as a 5k) to raise funds for Grassroot Soccer (a recent bar mitzvah did this and raised enough to send 70 kids through our programs!);
4. Get a group of friends together for any activity that is fun for you and ask for donations from friends and family to support Grassroot Soccer;
5. Anything else that energizes you (one recent bat mitzvah designed a t-shirt and sold them to friends and family, raising enough to send 60 kids through our programs!)!